About the Transformation
The transformation of the Hall is vital in supporting the cultural future of Bristol.
We will provide the city and the South West with the world-class concert hall it deserves.
Each year we present an eclectic programme of rock and pop, classical, comedy, world, folk and electronic music alongside our nationally recognised education programme, Bristol Plays Music. In 2009 we launched the new foyer building, which significantly improved the overall experience for our audience. However, many areas of the building are no longer fit for purpose for either audiences or performers and have not been updated since 1951.
Our £48.8 million redevelopment project will:
- BUILD an exceptional classical and contemporary music venue for Bristol
- CREATE world-class spaces for education and enterprise
- BREATHE new life into wonderful Victorian buildings by opening up and restoring the unique Bristol Byzantine colonnades and 150-year-old historic façade
- PROVIDE greater comfort for audiences and artists with new seating and air-conditioning
- IMPROVE backstage facilities for artists
- REVITALISE The Lantern, creating a beautiful and flexible space for use as both a performance venue and conference facility
- OPEN up our incredible Victorian cellars to create a third performance space
- CREATE a new education centre in our historic cellars to provide a new home for Bristol Plays Music, which works with thousands of young people every year.
To keep up to date with the latest transformation news, sign up to our enews here.