Part of the Bristol new Music season.
Click here to see the full line-up.
A key figure in European art music, Keith Tippett is one of the most important jazz musicians, improvisers and composers of the last 40 years. Tippett has been involved in three distinct areas of music for four decades working with contemporary, avant-garde and improvising musicians. Bristol-born Tippett makes a rare return to perform his latest composition The Nine Dances Of Patrick O’Gonogon commissioned by Richard Wiltshire. This will be the first performance of this piece outside of London and his infrequent performances in Bristol make this a concert one not to be missed.
Keith Tippett Octet
Keith Tippett – Piano/composer.
Fulvio Sigurta – Trupet/Flugel
Sam Mayne – Alto sax/clarinet/flute
James Gardiner-Bateman – Alto sax/Flute
Rob Harvey – Trombone
Richard Foote – Trombone
Tom McCredie – Bass
Peter Fairclough – Drums/Percussion
1.The dance of the return of the swallows.
2.The dance of the intangible Touching.
3.The dance of the sheer joy of it all.
4. The dance of the walk with the sun on his back.
5. The dance of the day of observance..
6. The dance of the longing.
7. The dance of the bike ride from shinanagh bridge with the wind at his back.
8. The dance of her returning.
9. The dance of the wiley old fox of the ballyhoura Mountains……..coda. The last rose of summer.
This is part of Bristol New MusicTweet your photos and reviews of this show and they'll show up on this page and our Digital Archive. Just use the hashtags: #colstonhall and #show152726