A parrtnership with Avon and Somerset Police, Live and Unsigned is a music competition for 13 – 19 year olds who either live, work or are educated in the force area – Bath, Bristol, South Gloucestershire and Somerset.
Get Connected: Partners and Community
We deliver partnership and bespoke programmes with many different agencies and organisations to help provide a strategic and multi-agency approach to our work with children and young people in challenging circumstances.
The work is primarily delivered through Remix, Bristol’s Youth Music Action Zone. Partnership programmes include alternative education (with Hi-Road studios commissioned by the local authority), transition programmes with Connexions and extended schools partnerships in North Bristol and early years programmes with Bristol Arts and Music Service, as well as targeted positive activities with the Basement Studio and Youth and Play.
For Adults returning to training we are working with the Learning Communities Team.
Our DCMS rehearsal space programme – the Unicorns Studios - gives young people up to age of 25 the opportunity to use affordable state of the art rehearsal and recording facilities.
Other partnership programmes have included:
- Music manifesto pathfinder programme
- Youth Music Mentors – Renovation Project
- Sing Up
- Live and unsigned with Avon and Somerset Police
- Different Class (Part of our Alternative Education programme)
- Step-Up Summer Schools (Part of our Alternative Education programme)
- Extended School Music Provision
Agencies and community groups
You can refer a young person between the ages of 13–18 to the following activities within which they can access support:
- Saturday morning Songwriting
- Youth Music Mentors
- Basement Studio open access sessions
- NoZone Friday night session
- Different class (Alternative Education programme)
- Bespoke 1:1 Music Mentoring
Please contact the Get Creative! team for more info:
Tel: 0117 9036669
Email: getcreative [at] colstonhall [dot] org
If you would like to discuss some bespoke work for your community group or partnership work with your agency please contact us using the above details.