Bristol Music Trust
Colston Hall is run by Bristol Music Trust, an independent organisation and registered charity (no. 1140898) created to develop the Hall’s artistic programme and promote music and music making in Bristol.
Launched in May 2011 Bristol Music Trust is an exciting independent venture with two distinct aims.
The first is to manage the operations of Colston Hall; developing a diverse musical programme, leading a major capital refurbishment programme and securing its commercial success. The Hall presents a wonderful opportunity to build a diverse Music and Arts Centre for the region.
The second aim is to drive forward music across Bristol; working in partnership with city wide organisations; leading on musical education, commissioning new works, supporting local musicians, and promoting music across all communities to build on the vibrant talent already in the city. We want the Bristol music scene to stand out with its own unique culture and internationally renowned reputation.
Our strategic vision is to ensure that:
- We deliver our transformational vision for Colston Hall and Bristol Plays Music by 2020.
- Colston Hall continues to develop as a strong, confident, creative, and artistically vibrant musical brand, with a reputation for creative excellence and diversity.
- Bristol Music Trust continues to be financially secure and commercially astute, maximising funds available for artistic and educational objectives, and building a responsive, fit for purpose business infrastructure.
- Plans for the building redevelopment are taken to RIBA Stage 3 by the end of December 2016 (planning applications commencing September) with the project further developed to deliver an inspiring and pragmatic vision for the Colston Hall of the future by 2020.
- Robust plans are developed to maintain artistic profile and stakeholder relationships during the closure period with an exciting city centre Colston Hall Temporary Structure in place fromOctober 2017 to June 2019.
- Bristol Music Trust continues to support young people’s music making through Bristol Plays Music, and our vision is to make Bristol the ‘UK Capital of Young People’s Music’, providing equality of access to performance and educational opportunities in partnership with our venue, and developing a leadership role in all aspects of music education city wide.
- By 2020 our innovative music education programme has pledged to make an impact on every single child in Bristol as we channel the power of music and the arts into future generations across the region.
- We continue to build creative partnerships with local, national and international artists and organisations, to inspire and energise our music and educational programmes.
- We continue to develop our organisational culture to be creative, flexible, collaborative and professional; and to motivate our people to improve performance with appropriate HR policies and procedures, training and development, and managerial support.
- The Colston Hall building develops as a welcoming, lively music-hub for the city.
If you have any questions about the development of Bristol Music Trust please email email@example.com
Bristol Music Trust Annual Report 2015-16
Bristol Music Trust Annual Report 2014-15
Bristol Music Trust Annual Report 2013-14
Bristol Music Trust Annual Report 2012-13
Bristol Music Trust Annual Report 2011-12