Bristol Music Trust
Colston Hall is run by Bristol Music Trust, an independent organisation and registered charity (no. 1140898) created to develop the Hall’s artistic programme and promote music and music making in Bristol.
Launched in May 2011 Bristol Music Trust is an exciting independent venture with two distinct aims.
The first is to manage the operations of Colston Hall; developing a diverse musical programme, leading a major capital refurbishment programme and securing its commercial success. The Hall presents a wonderful opportunity to build a diverse Music and Arts Centre for the region.
The second aim is to drive forward music across Bristol; working in partnership with city wide organisations; leading on musical education, commissioning new works, supporting local musicians, and promoting music across all communities to build on the vibrant talent already in the city. We want the Bristol music scene to stand out with its own unique culture and internationally renowned reputation.
Our strategic vision is to ensure that:
- Colston Hall becomes a strong, confident, creative, and artistically vibrant musical brand, with a reputation for creative excellence and diversity;
- Bristol Music Trust develops its own brand as a leader, supporter, and innovator in the musical life of Bristol and the South-West;
- The Trust is financially secure and commercially astute, maximising funds available for our artistic and educational objectives, and building an independent, responsive, fit for purpose business infrastructure;
- Plans for the building redevelopment are finalised, with an inspiring and pragmatic vision for the Colston Hall of the future, and a bold fundraising campaign launched;
- The Trust continues to support young people’s music making, takes a leadership role in all aspects of music education in the City, and with a successful Music Education Hub bid, brings our creative vision to the delivery of this service.
- We continue to build creative partnerships with local, national and international artists and organisations, to inspire and energise our music and educational programmes.
- We continue to develop our organisational culture to be creative, flexible, collaborative and professional; and to motivate our people to improve performance with appropriate HR policies and procedures, training and development, and managerial support.
- The Colston Hall building becomes a welcoming, lively music-hub for the city.
If you have any questions about the development of Bristol Music Trust please email email@example.com
Bristol Music Trust Annual Report 2012
Bristol Music Trust Annual Report 2012-13
Bristol Music Trust Annual Report 2013-14
Bristol Music Trust Annual Report 2014-15